New Albany, Indiana, part of the area called the ‘Sunny Side’ of Louisville, offers an array of shopping, dining and events to suit any taste. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Falls of the Ohio State Park contains one of the largest naturally exposed Devonian fossil beds in the world.
- The Green Tree Mall has a variety of shops and eateries, catering to a variety of tastes.
- The Culbertson Mansion, built in 1867, stands as a testament to the lifestyle of the rich and famous in the late 1800s.
- Schimpff’s Confectionery, opened in 1891, is one of the oldest, continuously operating candy businesses in the U.S. and features a candy museum.
- Downtown Louisville, Kentucky, is only a short drive and features famous eateries, shops, museums and theaters.